sharp lc 32gd6u

When I plug in the TV I get a solid red light followed by one blink, then two quick blinks, then a steady series of blinks (all red).

I called Sharp and they directed me to a service center. I took the TV in and was told something about the circuit boards that I didn't quite understand. the service person didn't speak English very well so i couldn't pinpoint with him the exact problem. But the gist of it was that it wasn't worth it for him or me to fix it. The quote he gave me was around $1000.

The TV is only three years old and I paid $3,000 for the thing, so I'm trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with it and whether I can get it fixed.

Any thoughts? Should I take it in to another service center for a second opinion?...or does this problem sound like the unit is totaled? for me, having to pay $1,000 means it is totaled.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

pete

Reply to
pete.nicks