Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on

I'm a newbie and not a professional TV repair person. I have a 27-inch sharp 27G-S60 model television that one day just stopped working (picture wouldn't come on after hitting power button). I removed it and put it aside. I took it to a repair shop and they said they plugged it in and it worked fine and didn't charge me (very strange). I used it for another 6 months or so and the same thing happened.

When you hit the power button, a click is heard but absolutely nothing on the screen. Could the tube be busted or maybe a power supply problem? I've also found from other posts that it could be a voltage regulator. FYI, the set was manufactured in 1995.

Can someone point me in the direction of a schematic for this set?Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
wayman88

[...]

Not to be rude, but if your'e a newbie, you probably shouldn't touch it, as it can be very dangerous to touch, even if it's been off for a while! Iv'e seen quite a few, over the years get quite a shock from T.V.'s! But if you have good sense, & a steady hand, try to solder the power relay, & also the horizontal drive transformer! Please be carefull! Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Good advice - particularly the first sentence, which is the only one that he should act on.

Reply to
Barney

Thanks for the advice and the concern guys. While it is true that I've never tried to repair a TV before, I have repaired and maintained many personal computers so I do have some electronic sense.

I'm confident that if I make an attempt at this, I will be safe. I won't force it unless I have a clear idea of what I'm doing. That said, your advice on soldering the power relay and the horizontal drive transformer is great direction. Now all I need is a schematic to give me more technical guidance. Anyone?

Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
wayman5000