Toshiba CX2778 Won't turn on

If plugging the unit in, you can hear the relay "click" and for a brief second or so, the power light comes on...then nothing. I have looked over the board and haven't found anything unusual. How do I fix this problem? It was working ok about 3 months ago, and has become worse ever since. In addition, on the few times we got the tv working, the color was majorly "blued" out until the tv got going (about 30 minutes) I read someplace that the capacitor at C840 might be to blame for this...I need input before I start replacing parts...help...:-)

Jim

--
1Mannong
Reply to

I can't get my tv to turn on. I hear a "click" from the relay when plugging the set in, but the power won't "stay" I have read that the capacitor c840 is to blame for this, but is that true? what do i do? help please...

Jim

--
1Mannong
Reply to

"1Mannong"  wrote in message

> I can't get my tv to turn on.  I hear a "click" from the relay when
> plugging the set in, but the power won't "stay"  I have read that the
> capacitor c840 is to blame for this, but is that true?  what do i do?
> help please...
> Jim
>

> --
> 1Mannong
Reply to
sofie

Open the tv up and esr check any suspect capacitors. If that yields no firm answer, troubleshoot the tv.

Reply to
dkuhajda