RCA F32444 won't turn on.

My daughter was playing with the on/off button and the t.v. no longer turns on. When I press the on/off button you can hear that it is trying to turn on. Could it be a fuse?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Benji

No. Obviously since you hear something happen when the on/off button is pushed, the fuse is still good.

The TV has an internal failure that needs properly diagnosed in order to determine the extent of the failures.

Reply to
dkuhajda

No, certainly not. If the fuse blew it would be completely dead. Likely something in the power supply or horizontal scan circuit has failed, rapid power cycling is bad for equipment.

Reply to
James Sweet

Zenith sets will go quickly dead with some on\off cycles (taken from

I.

Reply to
buran

Very likely the flyback transformer. 257805 or some number like that. Could be a high voltage capacitor, or other part in the E-W pincushion correction citcuit. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man