Download TV Schematics at a Reasonable Price

Hi,

I repair TVs, etc. Often, the price of a service manual is so high, it makes it difficult to make a "profit".

Does anyone know a good web site where I can download a TV schematic(s) or service manual(s) for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Join the TechAssist and/or TechData forums for $60 each per year and get access to most manuals by sharing with other techs. Not only do you get access to manuals that hundreds of other tech have, but you get access to their expertise, used NLA parts, and tips. I am a member of both and have found that they pay for themselves many times over. I often post a question or a request for a part that I can't find and someone has the solution. Between the two I have access to hundreds of the most experienced techs.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

best of all - it is FREE. I've got many things from there. there are some good links on the highlandelectrix and cromavideo sites too for tvs.

-b.

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:12:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Brad) put finger to keyboard and composed:

The only reasonable price for a service manual is $0. That should be the price charged for a downloadable PDF from the manufacturer's web site.

Sites like this one annoy me greatly:

As a "qualified" serviceman I can download Toshiba's manuals for free. OTOH, an "unqualified" serviceman or home handyman has to buy the same thing from a third party manual provider. This begs the question, where do *they* get their manuals, and how do they justify selling something which they got for free and which is probably subject to copyright?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar