Panasonic Camcorder PV-L691D How To Open?

Is there any way to open up these stupid camcorders once they have decided to keep the tape? Or do they expect you to saw open the case and then replace it? Motor runs when you try to eject the tape, but nothing happens. May just need a belt or gear, but the tape door holds everything together. Aaaaaaargh!

Reply to
Bill S.

Bill S. Yes, there is a way to open it up.... but don't force anything. If, after studying the case, and if patience is not your long suit, and you still can not figure it out, you would be best advised to TAKE your camcorder to a service shop, for at the very least a repair cost estimate which would include getting the tape out un damaged, so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of guesses. If you try to force the tape out you will not only damage your tape but also add much expense to your camcorder repair.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Bill S."  wrote in message
> Is there any way to open up these stupid camcorders once they have
> decided to keep the tape?  Or do they expect you to saw open the
> case and then replace it?  Motor runs when you try to eject the
> tape, but nothing happens.  May just need a belt or gear, but the
> tape door holds everything together.  Aaaaaaargh!
Reply to
sofie

I am a service shop. I just don't happen to have a manual for this particular model. Is there a door latch somewhere close to an edge where I can sneak in a thin tool?

Reply to
Bill S.

Hi...

Is it possible that there's a release like on your cd/dvd player?

Small hole that you stick your smallest jewellers screwdriver, or a thin finishing nail into?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I'm not familiar with this model, but often on camcorders there's a couple of tiny crosshead screws on the cassette door. Unscrew them and the cover should slide slightly then lift off. If there are no visible screws they may be concealed under a trim. Failing that, without seeing it I can't help further I'm afraid.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Usually there are two screws on the outer door, sometimes covered by plastic or rubber caps. Once you get the outer door off (if there are any control buttons on the door there will also be a delicate ribbon cable) you can carefully probe around with a tool for the release latch. It usually can not be seen until you remove the outer door.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver