Zenith TV SJ2573BG Main 9-1133 (Sep 91) No Color

Hi,

I have a Zenith TV SJ2573BG (mfg Sept 1991) main PCB 9 - 1133 with no color (good B & W picture). I don't have SM. I would like to scope IC6000 221-774-02 which looks like a "jungle" IC, but I couldn't find pin out information on the web.

Could you tell me which pins handle color? Please indicate the process for each pin.

If I repair this problem, I will post an "update".

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

What about the basic lost color troubleshooting that is common to all tv sets first. Have you ruled out the basics already?

Reply to
dkuhajda

Come on David, do you really expect a serious answer to that one...LOL.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Not really if not a tech. Some things are obvious checks, like running all the picture controls through the range. Checking all available inputs to make sure it is not isolated to the tuner or a/v or svideo inputs. If the set has PIP, checking the operation of the PIP and color in the little box. Then checking the color burst crystal to see if it has good solder connections and is oscillating.

It is only after doing all of the above do I start hunting for a schematic to track down what pin does what and to find the easiest to get at common test points with my scope probe. Luma, Chroma, Vcc, etc.

This is why I always list where I am at when I do have to ask another shop tech for help. Often times it is usually something that was missed, other times it is something they have seen in a not obvious circuit area.

Usually a couple of short sentences will do. Tv has no color, color and tint controls have no effect, the color burst crystal is verified running. I need some areas to test to go any further, I have no schematic or service manual on hand.

Reply to
dkuhajda