Samsung LN-T5271F Help

I've got a friend with a Samsung LN-T5271F flat panel LCD TV that has trouble powering up. The red power light comes on then the blue light comes on then the whole process starts over. This can go on for 15 to 30 minutes before the set actually starts up. Anyone seen this before that can offer advice as to what I should look at in the power supply?

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

Sounds like power supply problems. We've seen many of these on similar models.

Are you a technician and / or have you the requisite skills?

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Yes I am a tech with many years experience, but have never opened up one of these and currently have no access to service docs. I had someone else say that it could be a bad capacitor (very descriptive eh?). A lot of switching supplies do fail due to bad caps. Discount-Merchants.com have the supply board for this unit priced at $179.99 USD. Unless there is something else I should look for, I may just buy the power supply board and be done with it! I will look for short circuits on any of the feeds from the PS to see if that is a cause of the cycling.

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

We see lots of bad capacitors in the switch mode power supply on some of these.

Usually either 2 or 4 or 5 ea. 1000uF 10v capacitors. You can see them bulged out (vented) at their tops. Be sure to use low impedance types to replace them. I also up the voltage rating to 16v.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Thanks for the info!