Magnavox HD monitor model 15MF605T/17 shuts down

This small flat screen monitor will power up and with an analog input for just a second in blue text, (no full raster), you can see the word stereo in the right hand corner and in the left corner the channel number. Then the display, (text) disappears and only the sound remains. The external power supply is rated 16V at 3.5A. Suspecting it, I tried powering up from my bench power supply and noted that on power up the current spikes momentarily to 2.5A as the pix tries to come up and then drops down to around 500ma when the sound remains. Doesn't seem excessive for a 3.5A supply. I have never worked on one of these sets and so I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer. Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002