newbie needs TV help

Hi, I have a Sony Trinitron Model KV-32S22. The color is off and I can't adjust it using the remote. Also it takes about 5 minutes for thw picture to come on. A red light flashes timer until the picture comes on. Any advice?

--
Gomez Adams
Reply to

kip

I sounds like the CRT is having some problems, due to failing. It can be verified by taking the voltage readings, and waveforms at the pins, and comparing them to the specifications for your set.

Since you are not in to doing TV service, I would suggest to take the set to a reputable shop and have it properly checked. This way you will know for sure what the fault is, and then be able to make an intelligent decision if you are going to want to have it serviced or not.

--
JANA
_____

Thanks I'll take it to a Sony shop. Gomez

--
Gomez Adams
Reply to