Starting problem with a Samsung Lappy

Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

--
Sandy
Reply to

Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Report back the timings/consequence if you do the following Put it in a fridge for 1/2 hour before starting up procedure Put over a room radiator 1/2 hour,before starting up

Reply to
N_Cook

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

OP, Try this step by step.

Unplug the power adapter. Pull out the laptop's battery. Press and hold down the Power button for 45-60 seconds. Release the Power button. Put the battery back in the laptop and try starting it.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Yes, if it is bad caps, it will be much happier warm, and really hard to get running when cold.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

summarised as crappy cappy in lappy

Reply to
N_Cook

There really should be a teenage.electronics.repair

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

user not happy

Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

No, no, no!

Reply to
Tim R

that will make it worse.

The capacitors are heat sensitive, and ........................

Reply to
Tim R

The corner is 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Tim R

Almost obtuse, that was ....

:)