Rca tv problem, can I do this for a fix?

Maybe you have been eating that Peanut Butter with Alcohol again.

Reply to
kip

The cable connector, of course. It might keep it in place for a while.

Sorry, but by your questions, I think you need a whole *raft* of experience that you don't have. If you feel like getting some of it on this set, have at it. The worst you can do (if you don't kill/injure yourself) is totally destroy the set. From the tenor of your post, I think that's 75%-95% likely. Used TV sets are cheap. If you're doing this only to save money, forget it.

Read the entire repairfaq before even approaching with screwdriver (you do have one of those?).

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Most RCA CTC 169 have video and audio inputs located at the back. If you have a VCR or Cable / etc box then use those connection. The most it will cost is for a couple cables.

Good luck.

Reply to
Do Little2

Reply to
stryped

Look mate, I don't know if you're just plain stupid or are trolling. I'll leave that for others to decide. Why don't you take the sensible advice offered by the other techs and get the set to someone who knows what they are doing? It would make more economic sense to do so. This Tv is (at present anyway) repairable but oinly if the work is done properly. . Get this: YOU DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE TO DO THIS PROPERLY, so stop wasting everyone's time asking stupid questions!

-B.

This Guy is Trolling.......go search his e-mail addy deep down in Google.

Reply to
kip

No, they are entirely different TV's. But the principle about bypassing the tuner and using the video/audio inputs remains the same.

Reply to
Do Little2