Weird TV problem

I have an RCA TV Model F26634SF. It occasionally and on its own changes all channels to the programming on channel 20. Resetting TV does not work. Other TV's in the house are not affected so it is not the cable company. It will keep this programming for awhile then change back to normal. I am assuming it is a tuner problem, but would like to know if anyone has seen this before. Thanks

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

-------------=

=-------------

Reply to
pmcdermaid

Does it do this in a dark room, with the shades drawn and all lights turned off?

I ask, before fluorescent lights put out a modest amount of IR, which can be picked up by the remote sensor. I saw this happen with my Sony Hi-8 VCR.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Find the little red window where the infrared remote sensor peeks through, and cover it with black tape for a full day. This time of year when the sun is changing angles, it can play tricks at certain times of day when your TV is in the right place. For a couple of days each spring and fall, my set was positively haunted until I covered the remote sensor.

--
One meter, to within 0.0125% accuracy (off by just under .005 inches):
        Three feet