RCA problem fixed sort of

x-no-archive:yes

I posted last week about CTC chasis channels going in and out. I took the back off. Tuner did not look like the pictures I downladed at the FAQ site. The tuner was sitting up on its side on the circuit board. There was no room on either side of the tunner due to another circuit board. I did find the coax connector literally fell off when openign up the tv. I soldered a new coax the best i could by heating the end of the element of the new coax until it melted the old solder. (Not enough room to acess the side of the tuner.) The tv now works better than it did when I got it.)

If this connection ever goes bad, I see no other alternative than to remove the tuner. How many connections hold the tuner on and is it hard to take off and replace?

Reply to
stryped

Probably OBT that can not be removed. If the CTC is 175 up to come of the

Reply to
Art

x-no-archive:yes

It is CTC 169

I th> Probably OBT that can not be removed. If the CTC is 175 up to come of the

Reply to
stryped

Reply to
Art

Apparently Art misunderstood you. You're obviously describing a tuner in a can mounted to the board. You must determine which pins are from the tuner and soldered to the board. Usually there are about four large legs in a rectangular pattern, and everything that comes through the board within the rectangle belongs to the tuner. Usually there are maybe ten widely spaced pins and then maybe 8 with smaller spacing. You will need to desolder all the pins, as well as the legs, and depending on the model, you may need to strraighten the legs if they were twisted under the board before being soldered.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver