RCA question!

M # 31GT660 CTC187CN3 horizontal output was blown, changed it, & 47 uf cap, & output gets quite hot! Was worked on elswhere! What's the right horiz output? 2SD1885, BUH517, or what? Works fine with 2SD1885, but gets quite hot, but runs all day! All else checks ok! Ideas? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

RonKZ650

Thanks for the info! I get quite a few "picked at dog" units! The BUH517 gets hot right away, & shorts within 30 sec! The 2SD1885 runs hot after 10 min or so, but runs all day! It's too hot though, after 20 min or so! Ideas? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Change the regulator and I think a little filter cap (physically) between it and the HOT.

Reply to
kip

Also look closely at any SM resistors that go from E-B, and the damper diodes.

Reply to
RonKZ650

Chassis # ITC008FHM Model # 27R411T: Loc # TL035 S2055N what can you replace it with? Also, what do replace the S2000N with in other RCA sets? I don't mean NTE, I mean like

2SD2578, etc. Rono.
Reply to
Rono