Pi Zero W as a "Raspicast"

Hi everyone,

I have a Chromecast, it works pretty well but I also have a Raspberry Pi Zero W and as I don't love Google's ways I'd like to replace it with the Rpi so that I don't need their hardware to stream stuff to my tv.

Do you think my Pi Zero W can handle the load? I know there's a project that I can try but usually they show newer/faster pis doing the job and I think it shouldn't be so demanding since all Rpis can do that job.

Any recommendations? Anyone else did this with a Pi Zero?

Reply to
Francisco Fuentes