RCA CTC187

Hi! I'm working on a CTC 187 chassis, without the yoke hooked up, I turn it on and the 140 volts through the flyback to the horozontal output stays up witch is normal, then hook up the yoke, and turn it on it drops down to about 70 volts and very little high voltage,. after a little while the raster will come on about half the screen and the sound won't come on until I take the CRT board off the picture tube. The picture tube is good, I hooked another chassis to it and it worked fine, what other than the flyback could cause this? Thank you for any advice you can give me. Vince

Reply to
Vince

Either substitute the yoke which you probably don't have another or how about getting the yoke checked if you have an inductance meter and a schematic which would tell you the inductances of the horizontal and vertical windings.

Reply to
mark

On Thu, 14 May 2009 19:09:43 -0600, "Vince" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know about your chassis, but I have seen other sets where an open B+ capacitor causes the B+ rail to drop under load. You may want to check what the other secondary rails are doing. An open bulk cap on the primary side may also produce such a symptom, although in this case I would think that the secondary rails would also drop in similar proportion.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar