RCA F19421

I dont have the schematic for this 19 inch RCA F19421.

Fuse & Fuse Resistor are Ok, nothing seen burned or overheated.

It did came on one when I put it on my bench, and saw the blue screen since no signal in or cable connected, but now is just dead, does not want to kick on. Any Ideas ?

Reply to
Gesy

Too many ideas to list. Post the rest of the all important missing information for specific help.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Gesy: Gosh..... the "fuse and fuse resistor are OK and nothing seen burned or overheated" ! ! ! What about all of the other couple hundred parts inside the television?? I am certain that you know that components that "look" OK can be very faulty and must be electrically tested and not just visually inspected. I am afraid that you will have to do better than that if you are expecting any kind of specific repair suggestions. Get your DMM out and perform some basic technical troubleshooting, component testing and voltage measurements and post the results. With just some basic troubleshooting results you may get some helpful repair help. You might want to go to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some searching, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting tips, repair and testing proceedures, and IMPORTANT safety information that will help keep you away from dangerous and lethal electrical shock hazards inside your television.... note that even when the television is disconected from the AC power that these hazards can still be present.... be very careful. If after reading through the repairfaq, you are still not certain how to proceed, you might be best advised to TAKE your television to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet or telephone wild guesses. Good luck to you. electricitym . . . .

Gesy wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

The reason for the question is because most tv model, suffer from a popular problem, maybe someone may know some for this rca.

I already check the voltages at the power supply and are or look ok, it just dont kick on.

This circuit looks simple at first, but without the schematic, I got no way to go.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Gesy

No you are wrong, most tv model do not suffer from a popular problem. A few tv chassis have common issues, but some basic information is still required. All the basic information can be measured and found without a schematic or service manual.

Post all the required information for help.

No, I am not going to waste my time looking up the chassis numbers from a model number when the person asking the questions has it right in front of them.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Sorry I tough you had some experiense with this particular set.

And correct, I dont have too much experiense according to you I only have been on this business since 1972.

The only differences is that you need all that info, while we dont on many sets, since they suffer from a particular problem. Oh, sorry, who ask you for any chassis number ?

Reply to
Gesy

Oh I forgot, go up and read the post from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com You may learn how to talk from that post.......

Reply to
Gesy

Post the chassis number. If you have been in the business as long as you say you should know that most techs recognize common problems in RCA sets by the chassis rather than the model. Post some specific troubleshooting data. What voltages have you got? Saying the voltages at the PS look ok could mean nothing more than saying you don't have a blown fuse.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

No one needs to ask me for a chassis number when it is clearly visible in the tv set. I post the chassis number when asking the initial question along with the troubleshooting completed so far. I know that real experienced technicians know problems mostly by chassis numbers, especially in any RCA/GE/Thomson made product.

Take any RCA chassis line, CTC177 for example. Symptom DEAD. Can be one of MANY different COMMON problems. Would need some basic standard troublshooting information to give a clue.

Take the same ctc177 chassis line. There are literally hundreds of different models using basically the same chassis. You are not going to find any techs in the business that know by model number any common problems on any Thomson chassis line as they make way too many different models with the SAME chassis.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I had looked all around and no where I can find the chassis number. The only label inside the cabinet have the serial number and " F19421" as the model number, as far as I know, RCA chassis are CTC, there is none. There is no other label.

I plug it in yestarday and the set worked ok, then it when into a horz line. So now I got a clue, Vertical Defelction Circuit, or the Video Jungle Chip.

After I shut it off, now is dead again and will not start.

But like I said, since it went into a bright horizontal line, that clears the power supply & Horz Circuit.

I will check the Vert output next, I had to replace the modem on my pc and modem + sound card of my girlfriend's pc yestarday because the damm storm ( lighting ), that's why I dint check here sooner. Thanks to all here for responding to me.

Reply to
Gesy

Its a TX808 in the F19421.

Reply to
kip

I look all around but cant find that number. But I hear that number many times before, the label on the bottom ( Inside the cabinet ) only got the serial number and the model number.

Well I downloaded the datasheet for the TA8403K wich is the Vertical Output Chip, and look around for any shorts or leaking diodes / caps but everything checks ok.

When the Vertical Collapsed the sound when too, so I guessing now the low voltage power supply around the flyback.

I will love to know a line that I could open so the dam thing kick on, after this happend, Vertical collapse, when you shut-off then later on the set will not start at all, completely dead.

When i does kicks on, everything works fine.

I guess without the schematic I will never going to be able to trace it good :( Thanks Kip

Reply to
Gesy

Gesy: IMHO that any tech that has been in the "business" since 1972 should be able to troubleshoot the V deflection and flyback derived B+ circuitry WITHOUT a schematic..... at least some basic and initial troubleshooting well beyond what has been done so far..... no easy, shortcut way to fix this.... old fashioned testing, circuit tracing and troubleshooting is required. ..... could be faulty components and/or cracked pcb traces and solder connections..... ...what test equipment have you been using? I would think that you have and know how to use an DMM? Oscilloscope? ESR meter? Isolation Transformer? etc, etc...... so dust them off and get in there and use them to find the problem ..... Go to the website

Lots of good troubleshooting tips, repair and testing procedures, and SAFETY information to be found there...-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

first thing to do is replace capacitors in hot side power supply, then check with a DMM voltages. If you can't see dry joints check very carefully V and H coils connectors. What else...? you have to have some standart diagnostic pocedure after those years in service business... Regards daniel

Reply to
dan_etronic

Other than 14" TX's, RCA chassis almost never have the usual vertical failures...very rare indeed.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

After 33 years in the business...?