RCA P61310/ DVT307

I have a RCA P61310/ DVT307 that had some of the common issues. While changing out the brown caps I noticed that resistor r14140 is not looking so great and can not make out the bands. I would like to replace this resistor if anyone has a schematic or is working on one of these sets please let me know what the value of this resistor is. Thanks

Reply to
MKrawietz

AJ is right. There are alot of bugs in those sets. Sometimes they blow shit out or shutdown when changing fro 2.14H to 2H. There is alot more going on too, why do they reset to the year 1970 when they shutdown ?

Very buggy very pain in the ass. I'll try to get you the value tomorrow at work. If you got it running fine. I mean a running DTV307 is a rare thing. I am not kidding. I'll even get you the part number for the original part from RCA.

But once you are happy with it, I suggest you get it out of your sights. Those things are bad news, and always have been. The way they treat it almost seems as if their engineers are insulted that any of us can get any of them running. I really think this chassis was designed to scare technicians out of the business.

If it runs, ship it and get your money, if it runs you got some paint on resistors that has seen some heat, that's all. I would suggest you start the reassembly now and forget about the discolored resistor, if it runs.

If it doesn't run, whoa be unto thee for thy are accursed for sure. Repent now. (LOL)

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly