RCA help needed!

Folks, I need your help once again. I have a model #F20352SF RCA, chassis #CTC176F2. Set was dead, eeprom found bad. Replaced eeprom (supposedely preprogrammed), and set works, but video is scrambled. After a close look, It looks like I accidently dislodged a surface mount resistor when I removed the bottom tuner shield for resoldering. I don't have the schematic, and need the component value. Best I can make out the resistor # is R301. I would be greatful if anyone here has this info. Thanks again group.

Reply to
Golf

The only '301' I found was R7301 and is a 510 ohm. To be sure, common tie points are one end to the cathode of CR7301/R7310 and opposite is L7306. If that matches up, then that's your resistor. Good luck.

Tech Data

Thanks for the reply. R7301 is located on the top of the chassis under top tuner shield. The resistor in question has one connected to this, and located on the bottom of the chassis, under the other shield (surface mount). Other components in the area are labeled starting with number 3. The component sitting right next to the one in question is R-324, and measures 710 ohms. Hope this narrows it down. Thanks.

Reply to
Golf

These TCE products are terrible to work on. I've never had any luck replacing the eeproms. Have had several of these dogs that I was unable to fix and gave up on. Now I don't waste very much time on them. Good luck.

Reply to
Scott Lane

I'm only going by the print. It only has two resistors connected to it. One is R7310/ 22K and R7306 470 ohm. The same side of R7310 also connects to the cathode of CR7301. Take the 7 off if it confuses you.

7000 series is the numbering used for the tuner circuit.

Tech Data

If you have the correct tools and equipment (the TCE Chipper Checker) and knowlege/experience, replacing an EEPROM is fairly straightforward and not very time consuming..... and is successful the majority of the time. Aside from OBT (tuner) soldering problems and EEPROM difficulties, these series of TCE televisions ctc175, 176, 185, 187, etc, once repaired properly, were actually quite realiable and produced a great picture for the money..... the ctc 203 produced new problems that most of us have seen a lot of. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym