RCA ATC113CA1 shutsdown

I got this TV I am working on, and the SMPS will fire, and the green power LED will come on, but the flyback makes a quick disgruntled ring, and shuts back down.

Is there anything I should check before I replace the flyback, and what is the RCA part number for this chassis?

32" TV.

Thanks for any help. I worked on one earlier, had a bad soft-start resistor, but this one will start but shut back down.

Reply to
Mike
257805 is the oem # for it and they just came back into stock at most distributors. I was starting to wonder if these failed for anything OTHER than the fly. Done 6, changed 6 flys.

Tech Data

so you think it definatly is the flyback? I can hear a quick ring from the flyback, but i noticed there wasnt any HV build-up on the CRT during that quick timeframe. So, im assuming it is, hell, its cheap, ill replace it anyway.

Reply to
Mike