Pioneer SX 1980

Does anyone still have the schematic for this old beast laying around? What i am looking for is a resistor value. There is a 25 watt resistor just after the power switch on the power supply board. It has a thermal fuse under it. What i need is the value of the 25 watt resistor. The one that was in there (and open) was 5 ohms) . It looks like it was not original and i am suspicious that the value is too high. Can anyone confirm this resistor value?

Bob

BOB URZ

Hi Bob,

I have an SX-980, and the service manual for it. It only has about 80W per channel, so the PA and PS must be different. I can check if there is a similar resistor and what value it has. BTW, there is a service manual for the SX-1980 on e-bay right now. Are you the one bidding on it?

Regards, Peter

BOB URZ wrote:

Newsgroups

Reply to
Peter Orban

No, i am not currently bidding on it. The 1980 is one of those HUGE beasts that weight a ton and were too big to fit in a standard stereo cabinet. I think it was 120-160w/ch or so as i recall. Its all working fine now. But i would like to verify the value of the resistor if i could. I doubt your unit has the same set up. I think this resistor was put in line to prevent massive current surge during start up. The unit is so heavy one guy can barely pick it up.

Bob

BOB URZ

That was 3.3 ohms, 20 watts for the US market, 6.2 ohms, 20 watts for 220 volt markets.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias