Printing / Capturing Composite (ntsc) Video Snapshots Without a PC

I need to find a way to print video snapshots from a composite or S-video source. It is for a dental camera in a dentist's office. The camera only has

1 composite output and 1 S-video output with no data connections (ex. usb, serial, etc). I don't have the model number but I don't think that should matter anyway.

I do not have room for a pc where the camera is so a capture card is not going to work. I have thought about a video printer that captures video signal directly but this seems to be a very expensive route.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a digital camera that can capture still frames from a normal NTSC composite input. I know the quality will not be great but that is not really important.

Does anyone know of any device that could do this?

Thanks,

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Cheapest solution I can think of would be to hook up the camera to a vcr (which I'll assume you already have), record the image then capture the tape on your pc later. Printing a single frame from a captured video clip is a simple matter. Capture cards (and usb boxes) are cheap. If the hard copy is required immediately, locate the capturing pc in another room which will accomodate it and have a 2nd vcr connected to it for playback. With a usb capture box, you could "borrow" the receptionist's pc for the short time it takes to get a pic printed and thus wouldn't have to bother setting up an additional, dedicated pc in the office (also saving that much space).

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Mike Berger

How about a laptop PC with a USB capture device? You can get some pretty small laptops that should be powerful enough.

Reply to
James Sweet