Please help identifying a SMD chip "1025 0F1"

Hi,

On a hard disk mount, there is a chip which, I guess, acts as a switch to turn on and off the power supply to the hard disk drive depending on a keyswitch's position.

However, the chip seems to have been fried by plugging in a ribbon cable with slightly disaligned contacts. As this has happened on four such boards before the error was found and corrected, it would be nice to replace the defective components.

I have had no success in identifying those ICs, though - searching for the identification printed on the chip ("1025 0F1", as far as I can tell) did not yield any relevant information. The board itself is designated "MR0ATA100PB", but I did not see even one google hit on this.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be, and where I can get a replacement in small quantities? This would fit into the hard disk mount much better than replacing it with discrete components...

In case it helps, I have put photos of the chip and the surroundings onto a web page at

Thanks for any hints, Thiemo

--
Query a PGP key server (e.g. http://www.pgp.net/) for my public key 41068629.
Strange sender address? Please see http://www.thiemo.net/misc/list-mail.shtml

It might be a "hot swap switch," made for shutting down drives in overcurrent conditions or on demand. Do you know where the rest of the pins go?

Reply to
stickyfox

On 26 Oct 2005 22:42:44 GMT, Thiemo Nordenholz put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could it be a dual P channel MOSFET?

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

This looks very sensible, judging from the pinout... Thank you very much!

Best wishes, Thiemo