Sony HCDS-300 DVD 'no disk' error

Greetings,

I have a Sony HCDS-300 DVD that comes up with a no disk error. I took the unit apart, sled and spindle 'look' OK. Motor spins up and the laser fires up, the focus drivers 'look' like that they are trying to read the disk, however, after about 20 seconds or so, the spindle motor shuts down and the display will come up with 'No Disk'. Mechanically it looks fine, the laser lens is in place and clean. are there any common things to look for?

Thanks in advance

Markus

Reply to
Markus