panasonic VCR remote veq1657 - how to operate tv?

I have a vcr (NVHD636 ) with veq1657 remote control (not the exact one that came with the machine) and it has TV controls and a 'TV select' key below the main flap. Was wondering if anyone had the method of programming it to operate other TV brands. Or knows which model vcr it came with originally, so I can download the manual. TIA B.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 05:35:01 -0700 (PDT), b put finger to keyboard and composed:

Operating Instructions for NV-SD400 series VCR:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

That's it Franc, thanks!

for reference: on page 34 of the manual. it's a case of holding down 'TV select' plus one other key on the remote for the tv brand. too many to type out here, but here are a few: ITT-NOKIA -5 JVC-0 TOSHIBA -8 SANYO-9 SHARP -INPUT SEL THOMSON, TELEFKEN, SABA ETC -DISPLAY, CHECK, CANCEL, TIMER REC or EXIT MITSUBISHI - MENU LEFT HITACHI - 1 or 2 SAMSUNG- 4 PHILIPS - -/ON SONY - +/OFF

note that though this remote was for a mono vcr, it can switch the audio output of my stereo hd636 by using the unmarked key between zero stop and videoplus buttons :-)

B.