Panasonic VCR-DVD defect

I dont have the model #s but these are last years silver cased combos and the TV combos too .. all Panasonic . I`m sure by now some of you have seen these with a bad Lazer block/pickup . You get a message on the tv .. Please check the disk for stains or scratches .

In our salvage business we see alot of store returns many look never used still in box etc. . Has anyone figured out how to fix the pickup itself ? some simple bad solder or something . I have been taking te lazer block out of dvd-vcr units to fix the tv combos ( tvs are worth more ) . not that many but a few .

Reply to
Ken G.

I had a Panasonic DVD player go bad in 14 months (2 months out of warranty). It was used maybe 10 times. The laser went bad and cost more than a new player. I kept an eye on the laser part number, hoping it would eventually drop to $ 30 in the various sales flyers. It dropped alright, never to be made anymore and no longer available. Part number was RAF3022A-1. Anyone know where it can be bought for around $ 30 ? Thanks.

Reply to
carneyke

I dont see much trouble with their dvd only players just last years combos . I guess no one knows or the players are getting thrown away .

Reply to
Ken G.

At about the time of 2/16/2006 5:39 AM, Ken G. stated the following:

I have a Panasonic RV-31 Player from 2001. Still works, even after heavy use...heavy use being defined as all the time.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like computers: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep
Reply to
Daniel Rudy