How to operate a JTAG PORT

Hello I would like to know how to operate a JTAG PORT to drive the entire scan system? Is this risky? Any responses greatly appreciated

Thanks krithiga

Reply to
krithiga81

How do you define "the entire system" ?

If you mean, drive a "CPU" and an "FPGA" and a "???".

Then, yes it is risky.

The software to drive any jtag device may not be able to drive all jtag devices in the chain.

donald

Reply to
Donald

Hello By system, I mean a CPU , FPGA. Why is it risky?

Thanks krithiga

Reply to
krithiga81

The part of my last message you ignored: >>Then, yes it is risky.

So what part of this statment did you not understand ?

If two devices are on the same chain, the software for device two must get thru device one.

Did this statment make sense ??

If it does not make sense to you, then study up on JTAG chains.

Donald

Reply to
Donald