Universal remote to operate VCR programming?

I've been buying up perfectly good Hi-Fi VCRs for a few bucks a pop from thrift stores. All so far have worked well, but plusbig problem is that none came with the remote control needed for setup and timer recording.

I have a few older universal remotes that work for basic functions but are not able to access the VCRs' setup or timer programming menus. Anyone know of an available universal remote that supports these features?

--
  Roger Blake
  (Subtract 10s for email. "Google Groups" messages killfiled due to spam.)

There exist "universal" remotes having much more capability that yours. Shop around. Many of them will be able to access the menues you need.

Reply to
webpa