VCR remote

I've had a Panasonic 4-Head OmniVision VHS VCR for a few years. A few days ago, I found that when I try to use the remote, the display on the VCR shows the message 7-U and then does nothing. I can operate the VCR manually, so I still have the use of it. I can't find the manual so I don't know what 7-U signifies and I don't want to spend money on batteries unless I know that is really the problem. I've tried replacing the batteries with others of unknown age and history that I've found lying around the apartment and they have no effect. Maybe dropping the remote once too often is the source of the problem.

Anyway, just in case the remote is dead, even though I doubt it, does that mean I have to replace the entire VCR?

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

Try contacting Panasonic to find out what that message means. Perhaps the remote or the VCR has got into a strange mode somehow.

Perhaps you could try another remote? Perhaps a Universal Remote?

Reply to
CWatters

On 10 Sep 2005 05:42:09 -0400, Allan Adler etched in cyberspace:

If you buy an identical replacement remote control it may cost as much as a whole new vcr. You should be able to get a unversal remote control for under 20 bucks that would do the basic functions.

time to get a DVD recorder.

X X X X X

Reply to
Octa Ex

no, if you can't get a replacement remote from panasonic, pre-programed "universal" remotes are available from third parties. (eg

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts