Deactivate "Guide +" on RCA TV F27628, ch CTC203AA5

Hi,

I was given an RCA TV model F27628, chassis CTC203AA5 (mfg 2001) with the remote, but no owner's manual.

I have Comcast analog cable service without support for "Guide +" (digital cable service provides support). Every time I turn on the TV, the Guide + screen comes on and I can't clear it using my universal remote (I have to use the original remote).

How can I deactivate "Guide +" so it doesn't come on when I turn the TV on?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:38:17 +0000, Brad Has Frothed:

Turn on the TV

using original remote:

Bring up TV Main Menu and select option 7 (TV Guide Plus Menu) Select option 1 (TV Guide Plus Setup) Find the MENU, GO BACK and Input button on your remote Press the MENU Button then immediately: Press the GO BACK button then immediately: Press the INPUT button.

Note: It is important to press the Menu, Go Back and Input buttons quickly (within a second of each other)

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow