nikon VN-840 need sony equivalent

Hi,

I have this 8mm camcorder Nikon VN-840 which needs caps done. It is using a sony board set, but I don't know which one it is so I don't know which cap kit to order. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

CV-8 is marked on the video board if that helps.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

If you shoot me over a picture of it, I'm sure I can ID it. By distant memory, I'm thinking somewhere around a CCD-F70, but I'm sure I can nail it 100% if I see it.

-- Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer Talking Dog Transducer Company

5517 Carmelita Drive N.E. Albuquerque, New Mexico [87111]
Reply to
Stephen Sank

Stephen was extremely helpful in deducing from pictures of the pcb and camera shell that this VN-840 is equivalent to a CCD-F45. This is a low end camera, but since I don't see any leaked capacitors that would make a mess of the PCB, and this unit has been reliable for many years, I'm going to go ahead and try to replace them all. The suggestion is to use only Nichicon SMD caps because the other manufacturers such as E*** and Ru***** have quality issues, and the pre-sorted cap kits for these cameras usually use such low end parts.

I'll let you all know how it goes...

Reply to
Ryan Underwood