Sony kv29xbr85

Hi everyone. I need some help w/ this model. I need a digital comb filter board. cant find one anywhere. anyone found a source for it please let me know. thanks, Mike Star Tv & Appliance snipped-for-privacy@startvappliance.com

Reply to
mike

Been looking for 5 years for one myself. You simply are not going to find one. It seems to be the single most common failure part in the set and has not been available from Sony for several years at any cost.

Time to replace that old set. You can with the schematic in hand and one of the el-cheapo glass pack comb filters from another Sony model at least get a picture on the set, but the black auto adjust and the rest will not work correctly.

FYI If you do find a source for a couple, please post here as I still have one of those needing the digital comb filter board.

For those who ask why not fix it: Sony never supplied any schematic for the board or any parts as it is a multi-layer board on par with a pentium motherboard in density and custom 168 pin surface mount plcc ics.

Reply to
dkuhajda