Sony CCD F55

I have a Sony CCD F55 that was given to me. Upon turning it on, I looked through the viewfinder only to see the picture flipping (like a television with it's vertical hold out of adjustment). Is there an easy way to fix this problem, or will it have to go in for serious surgery?

Reply to
SHADOW6D9

Most likely bad caps or some other components in the vertical deflection circuits in the viewfinder. If you are familiar with troubleshooting TV circuits, have the service manual, the service tools, and are able to work with SMD components you can service this. The factory service people would most likely change the circuit board because of the labour cost involved for the time required and the parts required to do the fix.

If you are not experienced and equipped for this type of service, you would be best off to get an estimate from a Sony service rep.

--

JANA
_____

 wrote in message
I have a Sony CCD F55 that was given to me. Upon turning it on, I
looked through the viewfinder only to see the picture flipping (like a
television with it's vertical hold out of adjustment).  Is there an
easy way to fix this problem, or will it have to go in for serious
surgery?
Reply to
JANA

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: : I have a Sony CCD F55 that was given to me. Upon turning it on, I : looked through the viewfinder only to see the picture flipping (like a : television with it's vertical hold out of adjustment). Is there an : easy way to fix this problem, or will it have to go in for serious : surgery?

Is this the F55 8mm camcorder?

That thing has to be around 20 years old.

Probably dried up caps but I would be surprised if you found anyone to touch that thing for repair.

If that is all that is wrong with it, I'd just live with the rolling.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

I assume this is an old analog recorder. You can probably get a new digital model for $100 or so more than what a repair would cost.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I have service manual for this camcorder.let me know if you interesting.thanks

Reply to
Max