MitsubishiVS-502R Convergence adjustment

Hello,

A recent problem I have encountered with this dinosaur of a TV, (however it has worked wonderfully for many years) is the convergence is obviously off. One thing I noticed when the alignment crosshairs are showing is the vertical line is off center from the screen. It seems to be shifted about 2 inches to the left. I can get the vertical colors to line up nicely into one a single line as usual, but the whole thing seems shifted to the left. I checked the general alignments of the fold out mirror, screen, and everything seems to be true. Any suggestions?

Reply to
erandker

Dude, you got a three digit Mits still running ? WOW.

This is usually the ICs, a pair of STK4274s will get it going.

Question is, how strong are the tubes, and has the "resistor" been jumped yet ?

Really, if the resistor is jumped and the picture, although misconverged, is not bright, sharp and clear, you might want to get rid of it. I mean even though the colors are split apart, if you see that they are clear and crisp, go for it.

If the picture is dark, look for a resistor or two resisters in the fiament circuit. Then flip the board, keeping your bearings, see if they have already been jumped. Easy to see, a piece of wire.

If you are lucky enough to have an older Mits that does not have the resistors jumped, by all means jump them. They respond very well. They do not short nor fail quickly like Sonys. The picture is likely to be like the day it rolled out of the showroom, once you get the convergence fixed.

That is an old beast, good luck with it. And if you finally get a good picture on it, enjoy. When those old Mitses crank, they blow away most HDTVs, they're just not HD. But they got balls. The picture should be just as good as a tube set. Brightness, clarity, contrast, all very good.

That's if it can still do it. That set is old, but it used to sit in a showroom alongside regular tVs. It fared pretty well.Like my Sony KP36XBR, they sat it right next to the direct view sets, and they sold.

Good luck, I mean that. I like having really old shit that works really well. I really do.

Just replace the 4274s and the fuses. They IIRC are 3.15 amp. Put four ampers in it, it will not burn your house down. It's just that when you fire it up, look at the picture, if it is not right, there is more work to be done. If so, we are here.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Google is your friend dumbass.