PTK195 bad convergence

I heard this model was plagued with bad power supply boards. Well, this one still worked, it just died out in about 2 minutes, and lost convergence correction.

So, I resoldered the board, changed out all secondary diodes, and so forth.

Still, itll be perfect for about 2 minutes, itll it dies out, and I loose convergence.

I determinded that something was shutting down the supply, or the supply itself is bad, so I bypassed the opto on the supply, and when I did this the system stayed on for about 10 minutes.

As soon as I started to go into the menu correction, I went to red convergence, and began to reconverge the red. It moved a little and the TV powered off.

I powered it on, and now the convergence fluctuates between corrected, and lost. back and forth.

Im stuck, anyone have a schematic or a heads up on what to do? this one has that shitty ass digital convergence that I severely hate.

Reply to
Mike

The PTK195 also had a problem with the convergence MCU shield shorting different lines to ground, crt coolant leakage, and conductive glue under surface mount bypass capacitors.

Reply to
dkuhajda