Zenith TV model A32B43W no video

Set has very dark bluish OSD only. Raising screen control produces slight bluish retrace lines for only a few seconds and then raster fades to black again. Basically the only thing you can see is the smeary OSD. Collector rsistors read about 250Von both sides. Looked for the little transistor I thought I'd find on the video board but this set has none. Any common problems of this sort with this chassis? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

RonKZ650

I neglected to mention though I do have sound. Would the tuner still be suspect? Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

I would be suspicious of ICX2200 (221-01165). Any suggestion of lightning? If so, it's almost a shoo-in.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

David, I was considering that chip. I had planned to check the three driver transistors on the main board also but I was wondering if you would know what DC voltage I could expect to find on the R,G, and B output pins of the chip, and also what should be the magnitude of the video waveforms at those points? Thanks very much. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: I was wondering if you

ICX2200

Pin 19 R OUT

Pin 20 G OUT

Pin 21 B OUT

About 2.5 VDC, about 3.0 V P-P

Connector 2C5

Pin 1 Red 4.4 V P-P

Pin 2 Grn 3.9 V P-P

Pin 3 Blu 2.8 V P-P

Q 2203 is Red Q 2204 is Green Q 2205 is Blue

PNP (anything will do). The only time I have had these bad is an occasional shorted one which will kill that particular color only.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

David I checked the voltages and they seemed way out of whack so I replaced the chip but the problem is still there. Do you have any other ideas or perhaps do you have a schematic of this set you might be able to share with me? Thanks very much for any further assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Ooooo. This could be a real buggah. I have the schematics, such as they are, since this (32" diag.) was only board level repair for that model. You have figured out that my posting e-mail is no longer a useable address. If you can post a fax number I will copy it and transmit it or give me a mailing address and I will mail you a copy. Reverse the digits on your fax or your mailing address, or some such scheme. I'm not good at making and sending electronic copies. Nothing else comes to mind as far as a fix goes. I have notes for earlier models ("A" line) with these sort of problems, but it's not the same circuit we are talking about here. The same IC, but different off chip schemes. Finally, a confession: I'm not a master technician. I've just been around the block so to speak.

David, on the Illinois prairie. Man, did it storm this evening.

Reply to
dharrisfc

[...]

Lenny

I'm in the shop for a change, and am looking at my notes for past problems of this nature:

D2206 (off pin 30 of ICX2200) Leaky after lightning, no video

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

Lenny

I'm in the shop for a change, and am looking at my notes for past problems of this nature:

D2206 (off pin 30 of ICX2200) Leaky after lightning, no video

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

David thanks fior the help and advice. The customer started to balk at the time and cost and I didn't need any more grief from this dog so I gave up on it. Best regards, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002