JVC TV model AV32920 power supply short

This set came in with a complaint that it smoked and now is dead. The flyback is not cracked and there are remnants of exploded components anywhere. There is also no residual smell from anywhere one the board either. The set has a short between E-C on the HOT. I pulled the transistor and found that the short is somwhere else. I've checked a number of things around the power supply but this is really difficult without a schematic. Does anyone have a copy that they could possibly share with me? Is there any history of power supply failures on this chassis? Thanks very much for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

The horizontal output will measure shorted because of the flyback. This is normal. C926 1000 uf @ 35, or 50 volts in the SMPS secondary is likely, or check C921 .0015 500v...it could be burnt, or R903 a

33K1/2 watt resistor for being open. Dani.
Reply to
Dani

C921 was shorted. I replaced it with a 1KV unit and the set works fine. Thanks for the help. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002