Mitsubishi Proj Missing Gun

I have a 6 year old Mitsubishi WT-46807 HDTV ready projection tv. There is no red to the picture.

2 years ago the convergence STK's were replaced due to bad factory assembly in Mexico and improperly placed thermal grease. I replaced with new STK's and fully coated both the STK's and heat sink and verified adhesion.

Latest problem first arose as a red bias on startup about a week ago. everthing was too red for about 10 - 15 minutes. Now there is no red at any time. (just Green & Blue)

No red in convergence menu. (Coarse or Fine)

Inspection from the from of the TV has all tube filaments glowing and ceramic resisters warm on CRT boards. Have looked in the back but have not found any "smoking" guns yet.

I did hear a chirp a couple of times.. and quoted from the manual is:

************************************************************** No Regulator Output and a ***Chirping Sound *** 1) Usually indicates excessive load. 2) Check each of the secondary supplies for excessive current drain (the 110V supply load is the most likely cause). To help isolate the problem, a 60W lamp can be used to replace the 110V load. ************************************************************** One person on a previous thread mentioned the TDA8177 as a possible.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks - Glen

Reply to
Glen

Sounds like you red video anp ic has gone south. it is located on the CRT board. feel the heat sink on the board after the set has been on for

10 mins to see if it is hot if not that is your problem
Reply to
David Naylor