Mitsubishi problems

I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart

Troubleshooting? Which inputs are you using? When you say dim raster, do you mean little luma?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Yes little lumanance a very dim pic when you turn up the screen on the flyback it does nothing to improve it. It is on all inputs video 1 and the tuner(UHF-VHF).

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart

I saw this once, took me forever to track down but the problem turned out to be a little 1/8W resistor, seems like it was somewhere near the flyback. I don't remember now if it was a Mits or a Sharp TV but I had just about given up on it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart

I remember now that it was part of the ABL circuit, I figured it out finally with a tip from someone here, I don't remember any more details though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Look to the delay line, IIRC DL202, but it should be easy to locate. Signal in, signal out?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Any time you have OSD and dim picture (not enough brightness) check ABL. I believe that the older MITSUBISHI has a couple of caps that leak in the ABL Circuit. Also, a high value resistor from 120VB+ to bias the ABL from the flyback high until beam current brings it down (with high beam current the ABL pin of the flyback goes neg or pulls the bias lower.)

If you have unstable vert as well as dim pic, on your set I think it has a vertical PIP board that has many surface mount caps that go bad. jump pin 5 to 11 (VP on the MB) for that board with a 4.7 uf cap, if the video improves, remove the pip board and solder a cap from 5 to 11 and if no color look for the color pins 7&9 and use same value cap there.

Reply to
Jeff Rigby

This model does not have PIP.

Leonard