Mitsubishi WT-A42 will not power up

Hey guys,

I have a big problem. My Mitsubishi WT-A42 will not power up. Last night my Dish Network 211 HD Satellite Receiver told me that it wants to shut down and search for updates or upgrades. So I allowed it to do so. The receiver cut off, but then my t.v. screen flashed and then the t.v. itself shut off. I thought, now this is strange. Now it will not power up. I press power and it tries to come on, but after about a second it shuts right back off. I held down INPUT and MENU and got an error code 22. This t.v. did this a few months back with an 811 receiver. That time I unplugged the receiver from the t.v. and suddenly it would power up. No more problems with this until last night. Dish sais there is no way they are responsible, but they can not explain to me why my television was working perfectly until their receiver went through its routine.

I unplugged the t.v. overnight, but I forgot to unplug the 211 from the t.v., and it still had power going to it. So, I am in the process now of doing another 4 hour hard reset to see if unplugging the 211 receiver as well will do the trick. As we all know, even with the HD receiver powered down, it is still sending a signal into your t.v. if nothing but the screen saver. Other than all of this, does anyone have any idea as to what has heppened here and how to fix it?

Thanks

Reply to
Dwayne