old mitsubishi tv hope

Hi I have an old mitsubishi 40" tv model cs40503 sn 517732, nobody seems to be able to fix this for more than a few days/weeks if at all. Is there hope for this or is it dump time? Prob was the screen shrank pencil thin and now not coming on at all. Is it worth it to continue to try having this fixed ? thanks req

Reply to
reqluq

reqluq ha escrito:

what do you mean when you say 'nobody seems to be able to fix it'? Did you take it to a proper tech? what was their diagnosis? There are several things which can cause the problem you mention - defective power supply, yoke, associated components in scan stages etc etc...just a few wild guesses. The best thing you can do at this point is TAKE the set to a reputable technician and get them to look into it and give you an estimate for repair. Most if not all repair shops here (europe) generally offer warranties between 3 months and 12 on repairs.

-b.

I'm in the caribbean, their diagnosis was; some obscure part they said wasn't manufactured anymore. I promptly found it on the internet, very much manufactured I might add, and promptly found out that that was not the prob. So no one here seems to be able to fix it. I was hoping someone in here might have have experience[s] with this model and maybe had an idea what it needs. Or tell me it is crap and it'll be cheaper to invest in another. thanks again req

Reply to
reqluq