mitsubishi ws-55411

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a mitsubishi ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still looks ok, but the colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4 years old. any ideas what to do? thanks.

brad

Reply to
bd

No warranty?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

"bd" wrote in news:el7bvr$rnl$ snipped-for-privacy@home.itg.ti.com:

Adjust color, hue, brightness, contrast?

Reply to
Jim Land

that's what i said. unfortunately, he did not buy the extended warranty.

bd

Reply to
bd

he say's he has tried to adjust the color with no luck.

bd

Reply to
bd

might be a bad video drive adjust pot, or might be failing crt emission. Contrary to popular belief the latter is easy to fix. But if you dont know what colour problems mean then I dont suppose youre in any position to fix them. If you take it to a shop theyll rejuve it, it'll look good for a bit but then it'll be stuffed & unrepairable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222