looking for power mosfet

I have an Epson projector here that has a shorted Mitsubishi power mosfet part number FK20KM-5. I've been searching but so far I've been unable to find a place to order one from. I'm located in Canada. Can anyone shed some light on where I might be able to order one? Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

Hi L

Made by Mitsubishi and Powerex corp. Look on Datasheets4U.com using the FK20KM-5 as search word. Any N channel power mosfet will work, but look for one that has 250 volt rating at 20 amperes. Seems that the device has high voltage isolation so use a beryllium wafer type washer to provide insulation to mounting surface..

Made mainly by Mitsubishi Electric Semiconductor but also avail from Powerex Power Semiconductors. Look on the data sheet for address I think...

kw

Reply to
kilowatt

Thanks for the response. I've got the datasheet for both the -5 and the -6. The -6 is just a 300V version of the -5. I did find one place that sells them but they are currently out of stock. Both the -5 and the -6 are "on their way out the door" according to the Mitsubishi site so I'll probably check out some equivalent types. Thanks again.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf