oatley electronics

"F Murtz"

** Looks a bit ominous .....

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It happened last year for a while I used to know their address and phone no and now I cant find it nor can I find it in phone book do you know?

Reply to
F Murtz

** " Oatley Electronics Pty Ltd " is still current on the ASIC database.

No sign on " whitepages.com.au."

Might be a "cash flow " problem ........

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Might still be around If only I could remember address I would go and look

Reply to
F Murtz

** Branko Justic used to live at 66 Lorraine St. Peakhurst.

Back in the 1990s.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reply to
F Murtz

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Happened to Dontronics in May 2006. We had to shift hosts, as the old host (affordablehost.com) let us down to the point of not answering any support emails.

Plenty of bodgy hosts around. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460
Reply to
Don McKenzie

OK - this is what it said (I located it in cache):

"Unfortunately over the Christmas period our host's server has disappeared and we have so far been unable to make contact with them. The repercussions are all emails over this period and online orders from receipt number 18929 have not been received. Please email us with a contact phone number so we can call you to verbally take your order or answer your questions. In the meantime we have switched host to get our emails and website working. However, the shopping cart is not functioning as this was linked to the old server but we hope to have a new one running soon. Apologises for the inconvenience." Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Shopping cart will be a real mess if they didn't do "off server" regular backups.

When we were let down by our old host, we had the advantage of being at the point of launching a new domain and shopping cart. Lost the old host and launched the new site and cart on the new host within days.

Oatley Electronics phone is: 95843563 correct?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Just off the phone to Branko and Paul. they have asked me to advise the group:

site is now up and running. all email addresses are working. shopping cart is being re-done to a new format, as the old scripts are lost, and it may be early February before this is operating.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Real pity with affordablehost.com. They were a good company till Tina decided to sell it to that Canadian mob.

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

The web site seems to be working OK

David

Reply to
quietguy

Er, email aint working. I made email inquiry 10 days ago now and still have no reply.

Boozo.

Reply to
Boozo