Looking for Insignia info.

Futureshop (Best Buy) in house brand. Model # ISTVCA102222 32" CRT TV. Unit is dead the

28 volt secondary diode from the flyback is shorted, & keeps shorting out, after five minutes, & everything checks out fine, even the vertical IC isn't getting hot, & the picture is perfect. Location # VD 304 part # FR103 (NTE # 552). I called the customer tech line, the lady can barely speak english, & was no help at all. The TV looks like a Prima (China made), she didn't confirm that, just said they make them. Does anyone know a cross reference from Prima to Insignia? Prima has been dropped in this province, due to totally no service from B.C. Canada. It's extende warranty, & is a good money maker, otherwise I would refuse to even take it in! Someone must know about these sets. I'm the only one in this whole area doing them, & when needed, service is non existant! Thanks for any help, Dani.
Reply to
Dani

Use a real diode, not an NTE. An MI-35 or RCA 243636 works for just about anything but a top damper.

Also realize if the source is trace rectified you'll need about a 300 volt diode for it.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Just _what_ are you nattering on about?

Oh, I see. One googlegroups poster to another googlegroups poster.

Reply to
Nobody

Thanks for the tip! I used a 243636 RCA diode, & it works fine now! I just though there was something I missed! Also, for you guys doing Insignia...some ARE made in Chine by Prima, just remove the first five digits of the serial number, & the next six digits are the model number of the actual Prima chassis. Example: S # 12345TS3235123456 take off the 12345, you get TS3235, & drop the 123456 at the end! I'm not sure how much Insignia TV's are made by Prima, as I don't see very much! Thanks again, Dani.

Reply to
Dani