Intermittent failure to Eject - Sony Camcorder

I have a Sony TRV-68 HI-8 camcorder where you flip open the lid over the tape & then press a small blue 'Eject' button to eject the tape. Lately the 'Eject' does not always work. I found that it DOES seem to work if I move the lid just slightly towards the closed position - so I'm suspecting a break in the wires leading to the lid.

The other VCR controls on the lid work fine.

I am reasonable handy - and wonder if is it (relatively) easy to try to fix the broken wire myself or is this best left to the pro's?

Thanks, Cindy

Reply to
cindyanello