Sony EV-C3 w. distorted video

Hello all,

I recently inherited a broken Sony EV-C3 8mm vcr/recorder. When I insert a tape and press play, I see the videos on the tape but they are very distorted (like when you change the tracking on a VCR to a really bad setting). When I play the tape in a different EV-C3, it plays fine.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Thanks in advance, Inspiratron

Reply to
Inspiratron

There is a faint possibility that the unit has partially clogged heads, but more likely that the heads are either damaged, or there is a problem with the tape path.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily