SONY Dual Cassette Tape Deck would not Eject Tape

Hi, I have a TC-WE605S dual-deck cassette tape deck that would not eject the cassette tape on the right side (recording/dubbing side). I tried turning the power on/off, play, pause, stop, reset, push, pull, eject again - nothing happens.

Is there any magic combination of buttons I need to press when the eject button would not work?

Thanks,

AV Fan.

Reply to
AVFan

You cannot open the flap until the cassette head is disengaged from the play position. Someone needs to get inside and turn the relevant cog to disengage and then replace the broken or stretched drive band or whatever.

N Cook

N Cook ha escrito:

that is good advice. you could try rotating the capstan flywheel clockwise as viewed from the rear. whatver you do don't force the door. as it stands this as not an expensive repair; break anything and it may be rendered unrepairable.

-B