Panasonic ( NVGS15EB ) digital camcorder reset problem

I bought a digital camcorder NVGS15EB ( new from suppliers) about 3 weeks ago . I have used it once and have tried to playback the recorded mini DV tape but keep getting the meessage "Press Reset Button". This was all working fine a few days ago.

I have pressed the RESET button several times but despite "resetting " the camera the same message keeps appearing. It appears to be a problem with the tape as I cannot eject the tape and does nto appear to fast forward or rewind.

Any suggestions on how the tape can be ejetected or to cure the problem.

When set to "record" the picture appears as normal with the REC message displayed but I suspect the tape is not moving.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Reply to
chris

It sounds like there may be a servo failure. Take the unit back for warranty service. This is not something you will be able to fix yourself.

--

Jerry G. ======

I have pressed the RESET button several times but despite "resetting " the camera the same message keeps appearing. It appears to be a problem with the tape as I cannot eject the tape and does nto appear to fast forward or rewind.

Any suggestions on how the tape can be ejetected or to cure the problem.

When set to "record" the picture appears as normal with the REC message displayed but I suspect the tape is not moving.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Reply to
Jerry G.

Hi Chris, I have just purchased a panasonic the same as yours and ha

the same problem the first time I used it. I have had to send it bac to get sent a replacement. i was just curious to see if you resolve your problem or not and to see how whether you have had any othe problems since or can offer any tips on using it.

Regards

Dav

--
dave1372